Monday, February 8, 2010

Week 61

Friends and Family-

Thanks for all of your Birthday Wishes! I think more of you remembered than ever before. Le me tell you that I had a killer birthday, hands down best ever! It started out with my ward throwing me a surprise party! Yeah, who knew. It was pretty much the nicest thing anybody has ever done for me. All of my favorite members where there and I had 2 types of cake (chocolate and tres leche), bolitas de yuca and deditos con queso (can´t really explain what they are but they are really good). It was an all out party latin style and I wouldn´t have it any other way. I was serenaded all night and they stuffed my head into the cake.

I can´t believe that in a few months I´m going to have to say goodbye to all these wonderful people that I love so much, I won´t lie it´s starting to sink in and it hurts.

So in other cool things that I didn´t think would happen on my mission. We had a contacting activity in which we needed permission from the mayor of the city to use the local park. I got to contact the mayor. I have to say that in an unstable 3rd world country I thought the idea was pretty excited. Hugo Cruz Andrande was pretty intimidating but he gave us permission for Saturday! Unfortunately we got rained out hard-core and ended up having the activity in the church and only one person showed up. I can´t really blame the people though, it was pretty much a monsoon. I felt bad that all 22 Elders from Santo Domingo showed up just to help us out here in El Carmen!

Rocio Mero is still doing well, it looks like separation instead of a wedding in her case though. She didn´t really luck out with Clever (husband´s name) and I feel bad but she really wants to be baptized and it´s really time. She is also our new mamaita for Friday´s, she makes some really decent chicken and rice! They love the missionaries.

We are doing well and my companion is great, she is talking now which is a big relief for me and it turns out that she is a pretty great companion. I know that we are going to have a lot of success and fun together.

I love you all and have you in my prayers!

Hermana Whitney Tanner

ps. Apparently my camara has a virus and I can´t load pictures. Still working though I just don´t know how to get them on the web...

No comments: