Monday, January 25, 2010

Week 59

Everybody-

Changes happened and I can´t believe that for the first time in my entire mission I am going to be staying in a sector and am receiving a new companion. My beloved Hermana del Aguila has gone to Ibarra! I will miss her dearly more than I think anybody realizes she has been my best and favorite companion by far.

I now have Hermana Alava, who is not from GUATEMALA! I´m shocked to say the least, and a little sad because I feel like Guate is a part of me now. My companion is from Ecuador and I actually feel a little sorry for her because we are about 4 hours from her house and she has 3 months in the mission field. I hope it won´t make her too homesick. I´m looking forward to our time. I think it might be a little bit of a challenge because she doesn´t talk much, but she seems nice enough.

Julio Cedeño is doing really well and turns out that he is quite the calling material, they gave him 2 pretty important callings this week and I know that he will be great for them both. He will be a Young Men´s Advisor and also one of the Ward Secretaries. I´m pretty proud of him. He also came to church this week in a shirt and tie and not the same ones as last week! People really can surprise you. He claims that he is allergic to ties, any advice to make them more comfortable?

El Carmen is doing really well, we are working a lot with less actives because the Ward (and Ecuador) is full of them. We really need them to come back to church and help the ward grow. They are really missing out too! We will be working really hard this week to find their houses…quite the feat, wish us luck!

Love,
Hermana Whitney Tanner

No comments: